Sunday, January 4, 2009

Home is Vashon


Vashon Island Crossing
Originally uploaded by 1bluecanoe
For those of you who don't know, we're at home when we're on Vashon Island. Although we feel pretty much at home anywhere in the greater Seattle area... or for that matter the whole Pacific Northwest.

My family moved to Vashon the year I was born and is still there. This is where I met my guy, where Maggie was born, and where we've been returning for every possible vacation for the past 10 years. Lucky for us, it looks like we might be able to stay for a while this time...

4 comments:

jessica said...

I'm so glad you're still blogging a little bit. And so glad that you get to be home for a while...no plans to jaunt off for a little while at least? Enjoy!

Ixchelle said...

Hopefully this will be the year that the Waite family gets to visit the battistis on that cool island.

Jo Lynn said...

How beautiful and what a great place to visit with so many memories!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Sounds like a little slice of HEAVEN!! I always wanted to move to Friday Harbor after I graduated, that whole area is so amazing, and now with the Batisti's in residence it is even cooler!