Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Adivce?

Not sure how to respond to this email from Maria...

My dear Madam,
How are you? thanks for your reply. I am sorry to say that, i have no job anymore. Because the new madam doesn't need me. She has suspend me from the job. Now I'm wordless. i have spend nine thousand taka to make a home that u send. I can't do any kinds of hard job because of my physically illness. Now I have no money to maintain my family with two child. I want to start a cloth shop. I need your help.

I will be grateful to you. if u save me from my poverty.I miss you . I also miss your kids.


4 comments:

What I Did Today said...

Hm. Tough. Kind of an awkward letter. You know her better than the rest of us. How much in US $ would she need to start that cloth shop? Surely she doesn't expect that you can afford to fund that all on your own.

Diana said...

Do you remember Meisha Davis? Her son worked for a group that offered micro-loans to help women beat poverty. Maybe you could help her find one? It is heart breaking.

Corri said...

Yikes. I'm sorry. I also have no advice at all, but wanted to commiserate.

Bonnie Weeks said...

Wow. That is hard. I wonder if she realizes what she's asking. P.S. you want to send me money too? :)