Monday, February 1, 2010

Better Coping

It turns out that previous post was kind of a downer. I've heard that it didn't really jive with the rest of the blogtisti groove.

I think I was in a little bit of a funk yesterday. I suspect it has something to do with borrowing the first season of "Bones" from a neighbor. I have a love/hate relationship with crime shows. All those crazy murders tend to bring me down somehow... but I'm fascinated. I watched a couple of episodes pre posting and I think the melancholy came out in spite of myself.

It's morning now. No "Bones" yet. I'll tell you another way I've been coping.

Sometimes when there is laughing and pointing I smile and wave back. Sometimes I do the whole snake eyes thing back and forth, smiling the whole time, and I think they understand what I'm saying inside, "Hey, you can see me. I can see you. Isn't that cool?"

Once when I was walking to the university some teenage boys kept yelling and waving at me from a rickshaw stuck in traffic. I couldn't be annoyed because I was listening to Beyonce at the time so I waved back and smiled. Over the next few minutes, as traffic dispersed they kept waving and smiling, hanging out of the rickshaw as it rolled away. They were funny. I laughed and had a great day.

I appreciate the coping advice you've given me. I'll do better.

2 comments:

buffymom 3 said...

I am thinking of you.

gbrooks said...

Isn't weird how fascinating those crime shows are, but so gross at the same time? Criminal Minds was my new favorite over the summer, but ever since Elijah was born it seems like I haven't had the same stomach for it.

Love reading about your adventures, thanks for sharing!