Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Chloe

A week ago I was in Malumghat with my family for a mini-vacation when I got an email with the urgent message to call home. It was midnight. I called my sister, one of the twins, five years older than me and a rock of support since childhood. "It's Andra," I said. "I just got your message. Is everyone okay?" My heart was racing and I held my breath hoping the email was less important than it sounded.

"No," she replied, knowing there was no way to ease into the news. "Chloe died." And then we cried together on the phone a thousand miles away from each other. I had to go home. Fifty hours later I arrived to the home of my childhood and a scene of intense grief and gracious hope. I have felt privileged to be here from the moment I came.

The past few days have been spent poring over pictures of a round cheeked blue eyed beauty. A sweet baby who quite literally made everyone fall hopelessly in love with her. She is a shining star in the broad sky of our family. We have marveled at the impact of her short life and have stood speechless in the face of the love and support of others.

Chloe changed my life with her mere presence and joy. In her death I am grateful for the comfort of the spirit and for my testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ and of his love and sacrifice for us. I am grateful to know she will live again and be with her faithful parents who love and miss her immensely. I am grateful for her gentle reminder to love my children always.

My little sister, Chloe's beautiful mom, said it was okay to post this and link here if you'd like to get to know Chloe a little bit better. She's worth it.
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Stacy said...

Andie,

I am so sorry for yours and your family's loss. What a beautiful sweet little baby. Our hearts go out to you.

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Andie,
So sad to hear of this, but so glad you could actually be there for your family and feel the outpouring of love from friends and family. It is a humbling experience to feel so much love. Isn't amazing how such a sweet spirit can changes lives in such of a short time? Wishing you peace and comfort across the miles!

jessica said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Andra. My prayers will be with you and your family.

Phoebe said...

I was so sorry to read this, Andie. I am glad that you were able to go home and be with your family. I'll be thinking of you and your family!

Ixchelle said...

Such a sweet girl. I feel so sad for your sister, her husband and the rest of your family. I love you.

Diana said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony amid such a devastating loss. So sorry.

LollyGirl said...

andie,

i'm so so sorry for your loss!! glad you could be there with your sister and her husband. i read the link to your sisters blog--such a precious little miracle chloe was. love you tons!!

Jo Lynn said...

Andie, that breaks my heart! I'm so so sorry to hear about your loss, what a beautiful sweet little girl! I'm so so glad you are at home with your family and that you and your sister could morn together with the rest of the family! You all are in our prayers!

KPackard said...

Much love to you and your family--especially your sweet sister. I'm so sorry for the loss and my heart goes out to you. May you find peace and happiness in the days to come.

Andra said...

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts, wishes, and prayers. I feel overwhelmed (in a good way) to have such amazing friends as you. I know Katrina and Ethan appreciate knowing Chloe's life is still touching others more than words can say.
Always, Andra

APKH said...

Andra, I'm so sorry. Our thoughts are with you and your family ...

gbrooks said...

Continued love to you and your family.