Friday, October 24, 2008

Awesome People

Thanks for posing for a picture, guys. I couldn't upload the fancy one of everyone at the party.
About three years ago I got my dream job. I looked forward to going to work and loved being there. I loved the laboring women, the wrinkly babies, and most especially the strong beautiful women I worked with. I had a slightly unhealthy level of awe and devotion for these ladies. Luckily, they were nice to me (very nice) and taught me to be a good nurse despite my lack of self confidence and occasional tears (I admit it. I cry… a lot). I had to leave this job to come here and have felt a little heartsick about it. But, guess what? They’re still there. 24 hours a day! Thank you for always being there. Thank you for taking care of my broken heart and my new baby. You’ve seen me at my worst (many times, unfortunately) and still you take care of me. Thank you. I’m thinking of you.

2 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

I have to say even though you weren't my nurse, you are so incredible at what you do. I'm thankful for people like you who are so kind and loving to your patients and appreciate the hard work and all that you have to deal with!

Andra said...

That's even more significant coming from you. Thanks JoLynn