Sunday, December 20, 2009

Angel in an Orange Sari

There is an Angel in my apartment. I think it's sort of a blessed Christmas treat. Here is how it happened.

We arrived in Chittagong in just enough time to meet everyone and then watch as, one by one, they left on their various Christmas holidays. It's always a bummer being the one left behind but there is a consolation. Dear Angelie (sp?), the housekeeper/cook who works for another family in the building. When they left they asked Angelie to come and help us while they were gone since they were going to pay her for the whole month anyway. In less than 24 hours she has mopped the whole apartment twice, cleaned each bathroom, washed/folded and ironed the laundry, and right now she's cleaning the windows. I love her.

She's delighted by the little ones. Which is alarming because she thinks it's cute when they want to play with her purse and cell phone. I'm worried they'll break her phone and lose her wallet (which is more likely than not). Then she'll hate us and never come back. I had to put Enzo down for a nap today because he was looking a little too interested in her purse. I will not let them sabotage this. It's not everyday we get to have an Angel in the apartment.


5 comments:

Carrie G said...

I;m glad you have an angel. That's got to make it a little better. I'm also glad there will be other people around (after the holidays) that you might be friends with?

Phoebe said...

That sounds like the best Christmas present EVER!

jessica said...

That sounds delightful!

Bonnie Weeks said...

Somedays I wish I had a dish fairy, they must have sent her to you!! That's awesome.

Shoecrazy Sue said...

WOW! Perhaps next time I relocate I should come your way! Sounds like the perfect way to transition to your new environment!