Friday, December 11, 2009

Saturday

I realize I've been remiss in posting any indication of what is going on with us right now. Partly it's because I'm still resisting (I know, give up already!), partly it's because I've had a bummer of a stomach bug, and partly is still the lack of photos. But enough excuses. I've got to write something.

We're on the third story of a brick and cement building. Straight out the window is a vista of verdant foliage. Palm and Maple and all sorts of trees climb up over the hillside. Looking down from the window is our street: Panchlaish. It's moderately busy at the peak of the day with cars, CNG's, rickshaws and pedestrians all weaving among one another. The soundtrack to our life is the now familiar rumble of diesel engines and honking horns.

Bryce has taken the van into town on the weekly trip to Khulshi for our essential western groceries. There is a comforting amount of familiar food available...but at a price. We're still missing a lot of household essentials.

Titus is laying on the couch reading. We're glad we brought as many books as we did. But Titus has also enjoyed playing legos and dodge ball with some other kids in the building.

Maggie is at another apartment in the building making snowflakes with a friend. She came down a second ago to ask for scissors. She has kept pretty busy with games and plays but in her down time has taken to rollerblading around the table while reading.

Lena's sleeping. Enzo's sleeping. Nap time.

Just a typical slow Saturday for us in Chittagong.


2 comments:

Blevins Family said...

I should have read this post before my email. Thank you for your beautifully descriptive post! I'm glad you're able to find the western flavors, even at a cost. Enjoy reading all those books, Titus and Mugs!

Bonnie Weeks said...

I hope my kids love reading as much as yours do!