Monday, December 14, 2009

Remembering the Trip

So the camera has resurfaced and the photos have been downloaded. I've been remembering the draining 50 hour trip to get here. Sadly, no direct flights. Of course, in retrospect all went well. But, I had a dark moment in Hong Kong (during the surprise 11 hour layover) when Bryce was close to leaving me behind. In the end we all made it and here are some pics that make it look short and easy.
Watching cartoon network in the Hong Kong airport

Lena decided the trip was the time
to get over her stranger anxiety.

She made near constant attempts to wander away.

Enjoying the time to read and the space to lay down.

It's amazing how many times Jack in the box can be a surprise.

The girls making friends with
the required female security guard in Dhaka.

She searches all the women in the booth behind that curtain
(just a little search).


Finally arriving in Chittagong. Blue skies, green trees...
and the sad realization that home is really far away.



7 comments:

Diana said...

Off on another exciting adventure! How long are you there for?

jessica said...

You are so brave and amazing! I love seeing those pictures. And I have the same question as Diana - how long will you be there?

Bonnie Weeks said...

I'm glad you got the picture with the airplane in the background. You'll have to have the same picture whenever you leave. It would be neat to see the difference in the kids in that time. The trip sounds horrible long! We fly with the kids and I complain about the 2 flights to home that could take up to 8 hours, so yes, you deserve some props for getting through that long of a trip still sane and alive.

Ixchelle said...

These pictures make me miss you and your cute family. I love you, Andie.

Phoebe said...

50 hours! Amazing. I am so excited to hear about your adventures in this new country.

Bonnie #2 said...

So, I missed the memo on where Lena came from and why you are in Bangladesh! Is this Bryce's job?
Love and miss you!
Bonnie Walker

Carrie G said...

One toddler from Puerto Rico on the plane: awful. Two toddlers to Bangladesh for 50 hours: horrifying. You guys are amazingly tough, and you deserved a break down. You're in my thoughts all the time these days.