Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Yay for Tea!

Yesterday I was invited to the 20th Annual Ladies' Christmas Tea. It was my first real tea party! It wasn't actually a problem that I didn't drink the tea. The servers were Bangladeshi and seemed very capable of thinking refusing tea at a tea party was an acceptable foreign quirk.

The party turned out to be similar to a Relief Society activity with a Baptist Twist. It was put on by women from the same organization who run the international school the kids will attend. I felt surprisingly at home and enjoyed the several opportunities to sing carols although I hadn't heard most of them before.

The tea party let me in on a big secret. Christmas is on the way. Yay for Tea!


1 comment:

Jo Lynn said...

How fun and I love that they didn't mind you not drinking the tea, he he he! :)