Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend Highlights

* Dying eggs thanks to some great ladies who brought a kit back from the states for us. Duck eggs. They were the only white eggs we could find. The kids told me they taste pretty good.

* Maria's confusion at our egg dying enthusiasm. I found the leftover eggs in the freezer this morning... Definite confusion.

* Maggie's easter basket covered in ants after hiding on the fan blade all night long. They must have come down through the ceiling. She had an amazingly good attitude about it.

* Enzo and Lena's delight at their new, truly obnoxious, plastic musical toys.

* 1:00 am live audio broadcast of General Conference. Definitely worth it.

* Finding out that Bryce very likely isn't suffering from a rare tropical respiratory infection. Just another run of the mill cold.

* Summer came back!

* Thinking to myself that next Easter I'll get to be near my family, celebrate together, and look forward to many more Easters to come. Two months to go...

3 comments:

jessica said...

I was wondering when you would be headed back this way. It sounds like you definitely made the best of it and you will definitely always remember this Easter.

Chaka said...

Happy Easter. I'm glad you got to listen to Conference. It's really nice that the kids didn't have to miss out on the egg coloring tradition. I'm glad to hear Bryce isn't suffering from a rare tropical disease and that Summer is back. We had a very nice Easter too. Cassie and Iota scored. The deer fence got finished complete with a gate made from our old French doors. And I got a new bedroom set. All's well.

Bonnie Weeks said...

What an exciting Easter. I too am glad that Bryce doesn't have a rare tropical disease...that's probably something you guys don't need right now. I'm glad Maggie was still happy about Easter with ants in her basket. I hate ants for this reason