Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Going Home

The last leg of our journey home was a packed flight on United from San Francisco to Seattle. After four days of airplanes, airports, hotels, and amusement parks we all got buckled in and promptly fell asleep.

We stayed in our seats as everyone else disembarked to give the kids a few extra moments of sleep. As the other passengers filed past the compliments were forthcoming.

"What well behaved children!"

"I had no idea there were children on the plane they were so quiet!"

I smiled ironically to myself thinking of what we had gone through in order to have peace and quiet on this last tiny two hour flight home. Still, it's nice to think that there are passengers out there impressed with how well behaved our sleeping children can be to offset the dozens that had to endure Enzo's angry crying and Lena's manic screaming on the two flights before.

I'm so glad that's over.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I love the compliments, it just makes you appreciate that strangers usually see your kids' best side!
Welcome home!

Corri said...

Hooray! It must feel wonderful to be back!

Jo Lynn said...

Yeah, welcome home!!! You are a wonderful mother and I'm glad other's saw how wonderful your kids are and expressed it..that's always so awesome! Glad it's over for you!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

WELCOME HOME!!!! I think God intentionally made children look totally innocent while they are sleeping for a good reason! I love that they all thought they were angels! I am sure you guys are exhausted.