Monday, June 14, 2010

Hello House. Goodbye House.

While still in B-desh we managed to find a house for us to rent. A near Utopian home with four bedrooms, an amazing view of the Puget Sound and Mt. Rainer, and beach access. The levels we stooped to in order to secure such a perfect spot are embarrassing but totally worth it (family members calling and visiting, and an email with a family bio and photo).

We spent last week moving every last bit of our worldly possessions into our new home. It was an exhausting and cathartic process that left us ready to sink into the oblivion of a settled happy life. Looking at the twinkling lights of the Tacoma skyline we imagined that we really had ended up where we always hoped.

Then, on Friday, there was a note on the door from our landlords who live in another house on the same property. They wanted to talk and when we finally had a chance to sit down with them together they said, "We don't think this is the house for you. We think you folks should move out."

Oh sad day of frustration and worry!

So, the fact that our phone and Internet were finally hooked up today is bittersweet since we'll have to leave it all behind in a short while. I'm on a mission online today to look for somewhere new.

7 comments:

Shady Bradys said...

Oh my gosh! That's horrible! I'm sorry and hope that'll you'll find a wonderful place to live REALLY soon!

Corri said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! That sounds awful.

It also sounds possibly illegal.... did you sign a contract? Are they discriminating against the kids? Not that you want to live there so close to them if they will be unpleasant. If this is all their doing, maybe you should ask for some moving expense costs.

I'm sorry! I hope that you can find another dream home!

Phoebe said...

What?! I have never heard of such craziness.

gbrooks said...

That is the absolute lamest thing I have ever heard. Good luck finding a new place!

Emily said...

Ugh! Couldn't your landlords get their fickleness out of the way BEFORE you moved everything in and started getting settled? Hopefully this means something even better is in store for you. Will you be heading back to Casa Combs in the meantime? :)

Jo Lynn said...

That's terrible...what is with these people??? Seriously, I'm in shock that they would do that. Didn't you sign a lease so therefore you should be able to finish it out?? It sounds so perfect...so wonderful! I'm so sorry, I hope another dream home is out their for your wonderful family! Prayers are with you, I understand how stressful moving is!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

THIS WHOLE THING STINKS! I am crying and angry for you. Are these people nuts? If I were a landlord, I would entice the Batisti clan to live in my rental by giving them 1/2 price rent just because of the benefits of an awesome family for a neighbor. I am frustrated just thinking what you are going through, so sorry!