Saturday, June 19, 2010

Double Digits


Somehow in the craziness of the last few weeks Titus turned 10. We did manage to mark the occasion and he was presented the requested binoculars for viewing the night sky. It seems, however, that in our time away we completely forgot the tendency of the sky here to be overcast both day and night. So far we haven't seen any stars. Maybe we shouldn't have encouraged this new interest.

Still, I'm happy for any occasion to celebrate this little guy. I love the way he still gets excited when we pass a playground. And how he's willing to carry two styrofoam swords through three airports for the prospect of battling it out with his cousins. I hope he never loses his sense of fun and play.

Happy Birthday, Titus!

3 comments:

gbrooks said...

Happy Birthday, Titus! I can't believe how old he is and how little he was when we were in Davis. I actually just shared a story about Titus & Maggie to my visiting teachers and it made me miss you.

Blevins Family said...

10 years old! Wow! I love you all and am so glad you made it back safely, along with those two Styrofoam swards! What a cutie

buffymom 3 said...

Titus 10! Or as Romona says in one of her amazing books "zero teen". Glad you made it back to Vashon Island. We hope to make it up that way someday. It looks so peaceful--a well deserved place for your family!