Saturday, November 15, 2008

Alone in Asia

I’m not really alone after all since I have three children with me. Bryce has left for the weekend. Off to an interview in Bangkok (gulp). So, to counteract the despondence I felt at being left without my other half, I decided to live it up (after all, I’d probably rather be here than facing an interview!).

And what says “live it up” better than a wedding? So, off we went this morning to a beautiful Vietnamese wedding. I ironed and wore shoes for the first time since we’ve been here. The groom is an acquaintance of ours for whom I have a special place in my heart since he once jiggled Enzo to sleep while watching soccer on TV. He looked appropriately dazed in his spiffy suit. His bride was stunning and they embarked on their life together with flair and pizzazz. Blasts of shiny confetti rained down on the couple and their parents while they cut the cake and drank a toast with magenta champagne (champagne is my best guess. I'm definitely no expert). The wedding was just what we needed. Titus and Maggie even had the distinction of being the only two guests to have any wedding cake.

7 comments:

Jaypi Duong said...

Andy ,I can't see the pictures U gave us last Tuesday.I don't know what happened with theme but there was only 3 pics and 1 of them looks like a painting with many colors!
Could I have ur yahoo ID , please? I think it will be very fun to chat with u.If u can't post a comment on my blog ,please add my yahoo ID : pljz.lOveme4ever
I hope that I won't trouble u.I'm looking forward to hearing from U.Thank U so much.have a nice weekend.

Jo Lynn said...

I love weddings, they are such a happy event to attend! I'm glad you made the best of being a lone.

Glenn and Doreen said...

Glenn and I visited Bangkok earlier this year. A very busy city with tons of people. We loved their culture though and everyone was very friendly. It sounds like you guys are having a great time in Vietnam!

jessica said...

so there are more possible adventures - you guys are way too cool!

Phoebe said...

I guess the rest of us will live vicariously through you!

Carrie G said...

When you get to go to a wedding you are definitely not just a tourist. That's great!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing all of your adventures with us! I am always so happy to hear that you are doing well. I miss you an awful lot!