Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The End of an Era

The water has receded now. We're just situated in the middle of a rather muddy puddle. I've learned a few things from this.
1. There is a limit to how many treats my kids will eat. I can tell you from first hand experience that it is rather important for your food storage to include more than choco-pies and halloween candy.
2. There are some women who look amazing in heels even while walking down a flooded sidewalk. I will never be one of those women (sigh).
3. Running water is more important to me than electricity. Candles can even make washing one's hands quite romantic.
4. Life always goes on.

6 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

That is just terrible, I hope it goes down fast and that life somehow goes back to normal! It seems everyone is having strange weather, I'm just sorry it decided to flood by you guys. Good luck and I hope you get running water soon.

Phoebe said...

I think you are not giving yourself enough credit with the high heels thing. Maybe you should give it a try?

KPackard said...

Wow, what an experience! You're such a trooper and are so positive. That's good that it sounds like things are going back to normal...best wishes!

DaybyDay said...

Phew!the water level seems to come back normal today,no more rain,flood,...
But what a pitty we didnt have an english lesson as usual this morning. I really wanted to meet you and we could share the experience through these days. Also this morning we had the first biology exam of Mr.Bryce (oap it is not easy but luckily i had a quite well preparation because of hard raining i just studied^_^)

Well, our class and Mr.Bryce will have an outdoor trip this weekend and we'll have many thing to talk next meet.

Ok,raining ends,I hope your life come bạck normal soon and you would remember thesedays as nice memories in Vietnam when you come back America

Jo Lynn said...

Andie, thanks a lot for you comment on the nasty snake you saw!!!! Did you happen to skip the part of how I don't like to talk about them or even look at a picture? :)

Bonnie Weeks said...

What an adventure. I think I'm going to have a drink of water now and really appreciate it.