Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Playground

Construction on the outdoor kitchen seems to be at a standstill and the workers have left several piles of debris just begging to be turned into something amazing (I mean besides an amazing kitchen). The kids decided to create a playground. So far, they have made a passable teeter-totter, an art table with a basket full of “supplies”, hopscotch, and a chalkboard for playing pictionary. They were delighted to find the old bricks drew a chalk-like orange line, just where it was wanted. Unfortunately, the brick drawing was cut short by a young man in a dark suit who repeatedly uttered the mysterious warning, “do not finish, do not finish.” It was another one of those times that I wish I spoke fluent Vietnamese. We got the message, and quit with the bricks, but I do wonder what he meant exactly…

4 comments:

combshome said...

Got back from Katrina's and enjoy reading your entire blog and catch up on the entries yo made while I was there. Isn't is wonderful to have such imaginative children, when given a pile of bricks can create a playground. That fellow was probably just wishing he was so clever :)
Nana

Jo Lynn said...

So creative and hey, whatever entertains a child works for me!

Honeycombs said...

Maggie's hair is getting so dark. Miya is super excited to see her at Christmas and find lots of things for them to do together!

Ixchelle said...

I always thought your kids were very creative. When is your last day in vietnam? Please check your email. I am sending a care package as soon as you let me know that it's ok. Love you.