Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Bummer and an Update

The bummer is that our internet access is so funky. Sometimes I can be philosophically impressed that we do get internet access out here, that I'm able to communicate with loved ones half a world away, and even do some Christmas shopping. Then the ugly ethnocentric part of me comes out and I get annoyed that we share our internet cable in the lobby with the entire guest house population (except whoever is staying in room 205, they have their own), I get impatient that things load so slowly, I get mad that I can't get into etsy and order that nightgown that was perfect for Maggie. It seems like there is a mean little elf that has been keeping track of all of the places I usually visit and has put a block on them. I have obviously not been good enough this year and am now being punished. Bryce can access a lot more sites than I can so I guess that shows his behavior. He is inclined to be much more philosophical than I am.

The update is that I haven't seen the mysterious trio again. I mentioned them to Bryce and he suggested that they might have been here with the conference of counseling psychologists that was held at the university this week. Maybe the shoe thing was some way to connect with each other... or their clients. You can never tell with counseling psychologists.

2 comments:

Honeycombs said...

You can shower at my house, unless you don't want anyone to hug you at the party.

KPackard said...

Technology...can't live with it, can't live without it--that's how I feel about it from time to time. Interesting about the shoes...how weird that they were all together. And poor little Enzo--I hope he is better by now!