Friday, December 5, 2008

Not So Busy

We've been laying low this week. Recuperating. It has been nice and slow. A little bit hazy even, and I've really enjoyed it. I'll give you some highlights.

Titus reached a new level on pogo sticking. His previous record for consecutive jumps was 402. His new record is 620. He didn't even fall over or trip. He stopped because he was tired. Apparently it's not the legs that get tired. It's the arms.

Our clothes rack broke. I tried to fix it with blue tape but it's still leaning over a lot. I really want it to last just two more weeks.

There are some mysterious men staying at the guest house. There are three of them and I've seen them together twice. The mysterious thing about them is that they do not wear matching shoes. Three men, six different shoes. They are dressed quite nicely otherwise. I'm not sure what it means but I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

I asked Maggie what she wanted for dinner the other night and she said pasta. With red sauce and white cheese sprinkled on top. Somehow conversations like that just make us hungrier.

We have been listening to Christmas music like there's no tomorrow. The kids like the tunes with the chipmunks or the muppets. Totally fine by me.

Now I've gotta go. I'm going to go read "On the Banks of Plum Creek" to Maggie for the third time since we've been here. I wish I had brought more books.

1 comment:

Jo Lynn said...

Having a chill week is a good thing, I love weeks like that. I hope everyone is feeling good and I'm curious to hear about the strange men, weird.
Yeah for Christmas music, it's been non stop since Halloween, crazy ha? You should create a playlist of your favorite Christmas music.