Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Spring Roll Update

I had another tutorial tonight. This time from the girls who come on Tuesday evenings. We had a little party where we supplied the pizza and they supplied the spring rolls (nem). Very multi-cultural. The spring rolls today included pork, carrots, mushrooms, eggs, bean sprouts, greens (a cilantro/parsley like item), noodles, and onion. They were great.

The girls also showed me how to make the sauce for the spring rolls. Unfortunately, it sounds like I might not be able to make it. It needs to have the perfect balance of sweet, sour, salty and spicy. I might have missed the crucial age by which I need to start practicing. It is made out of fish sauce, water, sugar, lemon juice, garlic, and chiles. Bryce loved it. Lucky for me he’s a decidedly un-picky eater so I can probably try to make it and he’ll eat it even if I fail. I know, he’s quite a guy.

1 comment:

Jo Lynn said...

That sounds so good, I wish I was there to eat some. Oh, I hate when people give advice. Especially my mother in law, after listening to her you'd think you would need to call DCFS on me. :) I'm sorry he's sick, that's no fun for anyone.