Friday, January 22, 2010

Block Printing



Have I ever mentioned that one of my very lovely sisters in law lives here? Bryce's sister, Summer, works at the university as well and lives nearby. I know. I'm very lucky. To illustrate what an unbelievably great lady she is I'll tell you that I braved the streets of Chittagong all by myself (!) just for the privilege of hanging out with her.

Summer has a knack for turning wherever she is into a cozy familiar room that looks and feels like the home you never knew you had. She's had a grand idea for curtains in her room for a while and yesterday we tried out block printing to get them started.

A lot of the fabric here is decorated with block print. Maybe we should have asked someone who had done it before to show us the ropes. As it is we might have just turned her apartment into the scene of the biggest messiest stamping project ever. But we had a great time. And just looking at those little works in progress makes us happy.

Weekend, thank you for coming. Please come again soon.

No comments: