Thursday, September 25, 2008

Top Ten


We feel pretty lucky to have been able to be in a great town like Davis for the past four years. It's the only home the kids remember (see how little they were when we first moved to Davis). They are missing it a lot. I thought if we made a list of what they missed it would help them to adjust. So here it is...

Titus and Maggie's Top Ten Reasons for Missing Davis:
10. Food (hamburgers, macaroni, and cereal)
9. Friends
8. Soccer and Gymnastics
7. Using spoons and forks (they do have some spoons here)
6. Having lots of toys (Titus says especially the pokemon books)
5. Friends
4. The Rec Pool
3. Cesar Chavez Elementary
2. Having our own house (the op apartment counts)
1. Friends!

After looking at the list again I realize a lot of what is on it are luxuries we have been used to. Their main problem here is being bored and it looks like the kids miss being entertained. So, while I'm not happy about their perceived misery, I'm glad they are experiencing something else for a while. I guess this is where I humbly admit that I totally miss home too and that my top ten list would look pretty much the same!

Really, the kids are doing a great job. In fact, now that we've finished our list they are doing their own version of kung fu in the lobby of the guest house. They are doing something called the backwards double blast off. The coolest thing they have done so far is something that looked like a one handed cartwheel (didn't know they could do that).

4 comments:

jessica said...

I think even if you lived in a town like we do now (and Davis tops it by a million miles), you'd still be missing a lot! Good way to channel to energy though! I think I felt that way as a missionary a lot, but I was too busy to have much time for missing anything.

Ashley said...

Wow, your adventure sounds amazing! A little too adventurous for me, but amazing just the same. How long are you guys going to be there? Moving to Missouri was enough of a change for us! :)

Shoecrazy Sue said...

Do you know how excited I am to find our you started a blog? I miss you terribly but how lucky you are to be on this great adventure. Thanks for letting us keep up on you and your beautiful family. Tell Bryce to learn how to make the dish that was worth the trip alone!

Phoebe said...

I think my list of reasons that I miss Davis is pretty close to theirs, except for the Macaroni and Pokemon parts:)